African School of Fundamental Physics and its Applications
Temp. Ref. : ASP2010 - Funding report to JLab
Criteria to host ASP2012:
1. Locations: country, possible cities, universities/labs;
2. Transportation: distance between the locations and the closest
international airport and means of transportation between these points,air fares to these possible cities (we can take the geographical origins of students and lecturers at ASP2010 to make comparisons);
3. Local physicists: how many of them would commit and help us, who are they? what are their research interests?
4. Local students: what types of training can they attend, up to which
5. Infrastructure: auditorium, lecture rooms, lecturers accomodation,
students accomodation, transportation between the different places, IT (network, computer rooms,...), catering,...
6. Local support: how much help can we expect in terms of access to the above listed facilities, in terms of financial support, in terms of
contact with high rank officials (for visa problems,...)
7. International support: related to specific bi or multilateral financing
Graded criteria for few proposed African countries :
==> Please fill the following table, using the criteria listed above, on a scale of 1 to 5 (where 1 is terrible or N/A, and 5 is great).